Thursday, July 9, 2009

The House: a blank canvas

After many requests for pictures of our new house, I finally put them on here. And this is my last post for a while, I promise! I hate playing catch-up. And I'll make this quick.

This is what we like to call the Sunshine Room. It's one of the extra rooms upstairs, complete with blue skies, thin clouds, and lots of sun! Adam said if we act sad or onery, we have to sit in the sunshine room until we can be happy :)

This next one is our master bedroom. It doesn't look that big anymore with our bed in it!

Here's the master bath. I know it's not huge, but this picture makes it look smaller then it is, and it fits our needs just dandy. Oh, and the shower is really deep so you can take awesome baths.


Here's the front room, or Home Teacher Room, as we like to call it. This is what it's going to look like for a while, cause we have no furniture for it, unless we put the orange couch in there :)

This is the kitchen, obviously, looking towards the front door. Alder cabinets, yay! and tile floors, double yay! All I need is granite countertops and I'll start to cry :) All of the cabinets are full. How all of our stuff fit in our tiny apartment kitchen before, I'll never know.

Here's the basement bathroom. Looks like they were trying to make the partial basement into a master suite, but that just doesn't work for us. Sink on the right, furnace and water heater behind the door, and walk-in shower on the right. Oh yeah :)
Here's the jacuzzi on the other side of the walk-in shower. I took a bath the other night just to try it out and relax, and it was way nice, except I have issues with just sitting in the tub naked. Would rather wear my swim suit and sit in the hot tub :)

Here's the family room looking down from the kitchen. Just big enough but not so large I don't know what to do with it.

The other room upstairs is a little less exciting then it's partner.

This is the dining area just off of the kitchen. Luckily that ungly chandelier is no longer hanging there. That's a whole other story.
This is the basement "bonus room" where we'll have a couch, fooseball, that sorta thing. The previous owners had there master down here, but the air ducts cause the ceiling to be a little low in the middle, which would look weirdie if we had our huge bed down here.
And the backyard. Fortunately, the grass looks better in this picture then close up. Not that it's horrible, but just a little uneven. This is from the back deck looking southwest (our house faces north). It's nice and big, plus already fenced all around.

And that's the tour of the house! The renovations begin this weekend, so stay tuned for some "before and after" pictures. Well, more like "before and now" pictures, since we won't even be close to finishing ANY room anytime soon.

2 comments:

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

super cute hayley!! I love it!! now I want to see it in real life and a BBQ hahhah JK but we do need to all get together before I have to go back to PA BOOOOOOO!!

Chantel said...

The house looks great. You are going to have so much fun doing all sorts of projects.