Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recipe list

Ever get sick of using the same recipes all of the time? I know I do. When I feel especially bored, I like to go on Food Network and find something yummy (usually Paula Deen and Rachel Ray, they're my favs). For Christmas, Adam took all of my print outs and put them in protective sheets in a binder, so I have a "recipe book" to keep them in. I still go back to them all of the time. But when using a new recipe, you risk the "yucky" dinner. So I decided to share the wealth with recipes I've tried! I want to put a link (yikes!) on the sidebar, for anyone who wants an idea for dinner, and maybe figure our how you can submit them yourselves! I might be getting a little over my head, but I think it will be fun. Give me a little bit to see if I can get it up. In the meantime, here's one we tried last week. Super fast and easy, and perfect for tomato season!




4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
4 medium tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably hot
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
8 sprigs fresh thyme
4 cloves garlic, sliced

Directions

1Heat broiler.
2Place the salmon and tomatoes, cut-side up, in a broilerproof roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the salmon with the paprika.
3Drizzle the salmon and tomatoes with the oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Scatter the thyme and garlic over the top.
4Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout and the tomatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.

recipe courtesy of realsimple.com

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

mimi charmante said...

This looks healthy, and so fresh for summer! Thanks for sharing~
xo