Monday, December 28, 2009

New Goals

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was a little too eventful, if you ask me. Christmas Eve started early, with both of us having to work a half day. Then I left early (yeah, early on a half day!) because it was so slow and I was SO sick I could hardly lift my head. And no, it wasn't morning sickness :) So we went home and I slept for three hours while Adam cleaned the house so it would be spotless when my parents came over that night. How cute, right? Well, luckily for me, after I woke up I felt MUCH better but still not 100%. But the parents came over, we had a yummy dinner and then watched Miracle on 34th Street, opened presents, played Apples to Apples, and ate some really tasty bread pudding. It was a really great Christmas Eve (except for the sickness)
The next morning, we woke up, opened presents (my big present was a carpet shampooer, and Adam's was a camcorder) and got ready for the Peterson's breakfast. We spent the whole day with Adam's family and came home exhausted to spend some time with the puppy.
All in all, it was a great Christmas. Didn't take many pictures, but oh well.
Anyhow, on to something else! As the title of this post states, I've been making some new goals recently. Life's been SO busy that I fell like I'm always bummed about not doing something or stressed out about something else so I decided I need to do more that I like to do and things that make me happy. A clean house is one of them :) Bloggin is another. So that's why I'm posting today. I promise to post at least once a week, and find something fun to actually post about.

Today's post? The kitchen. We've begun the painful process of changing up the kitchen and our first step was the appliances. With limited counter space, we REALLY needed to move our mammoth micro off of the counter and above the stove where it belongs. Before:


See all of the space that was wasted? Plus the vent hardly worked and neither did the light. OUT I SAY!!! So we took it out. And the cabinet above it. Well, actually just moved the cabinet up. Here's our poor kitchen during the process.
Old microwave on the island, toaster oven on the counter, missing cabinet somewhere, and dishes all over. Oh, and I know I'm the WORST person for not putting any pictures of the inside of our house up, but I promise I will, hence the goal to post more often.
We decided to lift the cabinet now, rather then wait until we added more cabinets, so we wouldn't have to install the micro twice.
See? Look how pretty :) All done and with only ONE trip to Home Depot. A 20 minutes job that turned into a few hours. Plus, we're so glad we raised the cabinet, since leaving it would have made the microwave WAY too low. Oh, this picture shows the color of the kitchen so much better then the one above it. Kind of a neutral green.

Oh, and we replaced the dishwasher! This one even works :) Now I don't have to handwash ANY MORE!!!
Oh so pretty! And quiet! And shiny! And no buttons in sight! We've since replace then fridge and due to a Christmas bonus and a surprise check from our escrow account, we'll be able to get our stove sooner then expected! But that'll be a challenge since we're upgrading from Electric to GAS!!! Yippee! I'm just glad I don't have to run the gas line. Love ya honey!

1 comment:

Nichol Family said...

Hayley you are awesome, your house is looking great :)